ABOUT THE TOKYO EDITION:
This Tokyo Edition colourway forms part of ASICS'S Edo Era Tribute Pack that use recycled polyester made from PET bottles in the shoe’s upper material. The Edo Era Tribute Pack pays homage to 17th-19th century sustainable practices part of Japanese culture and represents ASICS'S goal to switch to 100% recycled polyester fibres in all of its uppers by 2030. The shoe boxes and wrapping also use recycled material and the manufacturers use water-based inks which half ink usage.
The ASICS GEL-Cumulus 22 is a well-rounded shoe that delivers a smooth, comfortable and consistent ride. It's a no-nonsense daily training shoe that does great all-round job, whether you take it for slower and longer runs, or shorter and faster workouts. Versatility, handing great mileage and offering a comfortable supportive fit are factors synonymous with the GEL-Cumulus 22.
|TYPE:||Neutral (stable-neutral) | High Mileage|
|SURFACE:||Designed for road|
|WEIGHT:||285g (Men's UK8)|
|STACK HEIGHT:||Heel height 23, forefoot height 13mm|
GEL-CUMULUS 22 UPDATES:
ASICS have fine tuned the design off the Gel-Cumulus 22 to give you the same consistent shoe with tweaked improvements for a better ride. Noteworthy updates include:
- A 10-20g lighter frame.
- Use of both FlyteFoam and FlyteFoam Propel cushioning, giving the shoe a more energetic kick.
- Changed the shape, placement and size of the Gel unit on the lateral heel of the shoe, offering improved shock absorbance.
- More flex grooves in the mid and forefoot regions of the shoe for a smoother toe-off.
- Less bulky feel thanks to simpler (yet strong) seamless 3D printed constructed upper. Comfortable soft tongue and heel counter.
- Outsole still uses hard-wearing AHAR® rubber, toe cap is now concealed beneath the mesh of the upper.
- Still offers and accommodating and adaptive fit.