A well-cushioned shoe with an energetic ride. The Gel-Nimbus 22 is Asics's trusty steed when it comes to lasting comfort. It's the more cushioned relative within their premium running shoe family, aiming to give you: maximum comfort, an exceptional running experience with less effort and the best impact shock absorption. Season per season it incorporates the best technology Asics's footwear engineers have to offer, while staying true to its mission statement: giving you comfort, high mileage and dynamic performance.
|Use||Well-cushioned / Everyday trainer|
UPDATES VS NIMBUS 21
- All-round: softer, slightly more energetic and less bulky experience (even though now a few grams heavier).
- Midsole: 2mm more FlyteFoam Propel, Asics's high responsive cushioning material).
- Guidance Trusstic: gone with a more advanced Space Trusstic, a plastic bridge found under the arch section of the shoe to mirror anatomy of the foot offer functional guidance.
Gel-unit: Heel gel unit wraps further around to medial side. Hidden forefoot gel unit remains.
- Outsole: similar pattern to 21, except more and deeper flex grooves, and slightly less ground contact of rubber surface area. Using a blown carbon rubber outsole.
- Upper: a simpler and more adaptive upper known as a Jacquard Monofilament MESH. Very good at offering a personalised fit as well as breathing well.
- Interior: includes a ortholite lasting like the 21 and an EVA insole (making the step in feel softer).